The Courage Prayer

Blessed God, I believe in the infinite wonder of your love. I believe in your courage. And I believe in the wisdom you pour upon us so bountifully that your seas and lands cannot contain it. Blessed God, I confess I am often confused. Yet I trust you. I trust you with all my heart and all my mind and all my strength and all my soul. There is a path for me. I hear you calling. Just for today, though, please hold my hand. Please help me find my courage. Thank you for the way you love us all. Amen.
--- from Jesus, December 3, 2007

A=Author, J=Jesus

Saturday, August 6, 2011

JR63: Jesus Redux: The Forward

The first will be last, and the last will be first.

On the island of Mykonos. Photo credit JAT 2001.


Sorry. Couldn't resist a biblical pun there. If you're visiting this blog for the first time, this page -- the final page in a lengthy conversation between Jesus and me -- will be the first thing you'll see. So it only makes sense for us to write this "afterword" as if it were a "forward."

If you've been following this blog as we've been writing it (we have readers in Canada, the U.S., Singapore, Germany, and few other places), you've probably figured out that we've been writing a book bit by bit. And now we've come to the end of this particular body of thought.

There's a great deal more that can be said about the topics we've introduced here, topics such as the nature of the soul, the nature of the soul-body connection, the need for healing, the need to recognize and treat major mental illness (especially as it relates to religious prophecy), and the need for the church to be honest about its doctrines if it wants to find its way back to a full relationship with God the Mother and God the Father in the third millennium. But there's only so much the human brain can absorb at one time. There's enough here to make anyone's head hurt (at least in the beginning).

Our chief goal has always been to spark discussion and encourage people to think for themselves. So if you feel from time to time that we could have given more background information or more references or more detailed explanations, you've probably stumbled into one of many spots in the book where we've intentionally given you the benefit of the doubt. We assume you're a rational, capable, tenacious person capable of doing some independent research. There has to be room in a book like this for you to find your own courage and trust. There has to room for you to build your own relationship with God.

This book can be used in a straightforward academic manner (which is why we're now going back and adding labels so it's easier for you to find the topics that interest you). But it can also be used in an intuitive manner. I highly recommend this approach if you're interested in slowly developing the intuitive circuitry of your own brain. 

In walking the Spiral Path, there's always the easy way and the hard way. Several years ago, when I was beginning my own journey, I did everything the hard way. I believed (because I allowed myself to be browbeaten by various gurus) that you can only learn to tap into your natural intuition or "spiritual quotient," as I've called it elsewhere, by using ancient divining tools such as tarot cards or lectio divina. If you've ever tried to read a tarot spread, you know there's a lot of wiggle room in the interpretation. And you're never quite sure . . .





On the other hand, you can take a book like this, and ask God to guide you to the page you most need to understand (a centering exercise first would help with this), and then let your hand click on the mouse while you're sort of looking at the archive of posts, but not looking too, too closely at the archive of posts. If you look too closely at the list, you'll get in the way of your own intuitive process and start second-guessing yourself. So just let the mouse hover somewhere over the archive list, then look away and click before you have too much time to think about it.

It's no big deal, really. You're just letting yourself be open to the idea that God knows what you understand least, and what will help you most today. It's quite possible you'll end up clicking on the same link several days in a row. If this happens, just accept God's wisdom. I learned long ago never to argue with God when the book opens up again and again to the same section.

Most of all, don't expect the journey to be linear. It's not gonna be. Love isn't linear. Love lurches along with its own extraordinary surprises and puzzling patterns, but it always gets you there in the end. God's love is the bedrock of everything you are. That's why, as Jesus and I love to say to our divine parents . . .

Mother and Father God, you both totally rock! We dedicate this book to you!

Love Jesus and Jen

Jesus as the author sees him
Jesus as the author sees him



No comments: